- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 15oz cans Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- Thinly slice the onion.
- Heat a soup pot to medium-high heat. Add the butter and let it melt, then add the onion. Saute the onion for 3-5 minutes or until lightly translucent. Add salt to taste.
- Add the canned tomato to the onion and stir, scraping any browned bits off the bottom of the pot.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, covered.
- Carefully scoop the soup in batches into the blender, being careful not to fill the blender more than halfway. Puree the soup and add it back into the pot.
- Stir in the heavy cream (You may use less than one full cup if desired).
- Taste and add plenty of salt.
- Serve with an optional garnish of heavy cream, a drizzle of olive oil, or basil. Enjoy!