Skillet Berry Cobler
- 4 cups your choice of fresh berries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a 10 inch cast iron skillet, toss together berries, sugar, 1/4 cup flour, cornstarch and salt. Smooth berry into an even layer.
- In a medium bowl, add the 1/2 cup flour, oats, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Add the butter and mix with your hands until texture is coarse clumps and mixture will hold together in clumps when squeezed together.
- Spread topping evenly on top of berry mixture with your hand and press it down lightly. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the edges are bubbling and the top is golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!