Sherryl’s Pumpkin Cake
A moist, spiced cake with cream cheese icing. This is Chef Dana’s Favorite cake! Moist and not too pumpkin-y. Such a popular cake that there are never any leftovers. You might want to make 2 at once!
One Bundt Cake
For the cake:
1 c. canola oil
2 c. granulated sugar
4 ea. Eggs
2 c. Flour
2 t. Baking Soda
2 t. Baking Powder
2 t. Cinnamon, ground
1/2 t. Ginger, ground
1/2 t. Salt
16 Oz. Pumpkin Purée
For the icing:
4 Oz. cream cheese, room temperature
6 Oz. Butter, room temperature
1/2t. Vanilla Extract
1 T. maple Syrup
3 c. powdered sugar
Whole walnuts or walnut pieces to garnish
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bundt pan with pan spray and then lightly coat with flour. Shake out excess flour.
2. Beat oil and sugar in the mixing bowl of a standing mixer until thoroughly combined.
3. Add each egg in one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl between additions.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Whisk together to thoroughly combine. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the mixer, beating on low speed.
5. Add in pumpkin purée. Scrape batter into prepared bundt pan. Place in oven and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
6. Cool and a wire rack for at least 25 minutes before inverting the cake.
7. For the icing: combine all ingredients in the mixing bowl of stand mixer and start beating on low speed until powdered sugar is incorporated, then turn speed up to high. Beat until light and fluffy.
8. Ice the top of the cake and garnish with walnuts.