Pear & Pomegranate Salad with Chevre
- Yield: 6 1x
- 4 cups arugula or mixed greens
- 1 ripe pear
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 ounces chevre (goat cheese) or feta cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans (optional)
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
Step 1: In a small bowl or glass jar, add all the ingredients except the olive oil. Mix well, then slowly drizzle in the olive oil to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Step 2: In a decorative bowl or platter, add the spinach or romaine. Toss with vinaigrette to lightly coat.
Step 3: Core the pears and slice into thin strips. De-seed the pomegranate and sprinkle on the salad.
Step 4: Crumble the cheese and finish with salt and black pepper.