- 8 Slices Good Quality Sourdough Bread
- 4 Tablespoons Softened Butter
- 8oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 8oz Provolone or Swiss Cheese
- 1 Bunch Fresh Dill, Basil, or Thyme.
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Strip the herbs off its stems and finely chop it.
- Spread butter on one side of each piece of bread, taking care to make sure the bread will match up when closed.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set next to the stove.
- Heat a saute pan or grill pan to medium-high heat. Working with two slices at at time, lay the bread butter-side down in the pan. Dress one side with cheddar and the other with swiss and a sprinkle of herbs. Grill until golden brown, then close the sandwich and transfer to the sheet pan. Don’t worry if the cheese isn’t melted.
- Repeat with all sandwiches and put in the oven until the cheese is melty, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately.