Cherry Tomato Sauce
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 1 pound pasta or gnocchi
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan (for serving)
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente; drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a 12″ skillet or wide heavy saucepan over medium-high. Add garlic, then tomatoes, pepper, and 1 tsp. salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes burst and release their juices to form a sauce, 6–8 minutes.
- Toss pasta with tomato sauce and basil. Top with Parmesan.