- Yield: 2 1x
- ½ lb Fettuccine or Bucatini Noodles
- 6 Egg Yolks
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream
- ½ Cup Shredded Parmesan
- 8 oz Thick Cut Bacon, Diced.
- 1 Bunch Fresh Thyme
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley (Optional)
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- Salt to Taste
- Pepper to Taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and lightly salt it.
- In a large saute pan, cook the bacon until brown and crispy. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel and discard the bacon fat but save the pan, no need to wipe it out.
- Heat the cream until it’s hot but not boiling, then temper it into the egg yolks and add the salt, pepper, and grated parmesan. Beat until well mixed.
- Finely mince the parsley. Strip the thyme off its stems and give it a rough chop. Run the peas under warm water till thawed and drain well.
- Bring the water to a roiling boil and cook the pasta according to package directions. As soon as it is tender, pull the pasta out of the water and put it in the saute pan you cooked the bacon in.
- IMMEDIATELY drizzle in the egg/cream mixture while tossing with tongs. The heat from the pasta will thicken the sauce, this sometimes takes a few moments.
- Add the bacon, thyme, peas, and toss. Serve immediately and top with parsley.