Basic Red Wine Reduction Sauce
- olive oil, for coating the pan
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saute pan, over medium high heat, add enough olive oil to coat the pan.
- Add the shallots and cook until translucent.
- Add the red wine and the stock and reduce by half.*
- Add the butter and chopped rosemary.
*if you would like a smoother sauce you can strain the shallots out at this point then return to the pan and add the butter and rosemary.