Antipasto Salad with Bocconcini and Green Olives
- Yield: 4 - 6
- 1/4 cup peperoncini—stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green olives, such as Picholine, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cups bocconcini (mozzarella balls)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 small head of iceberg lettuce, halved, cored and finely shredded (4 cups)
- 3 ounces thinly sliced Genoa salami, cut into thin strips (3/4 cup)
- 4 small basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons capers
- In a medium bowl, mix the pepperoncini, sliced olives and 1/4 cup of the oil. Add the bocconcini and toss.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the vinegar, garlic and oregano. Whisk in the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil and season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the shredded lettuce and salami. Add the marinated bocconcini and half of the dressing and toss well. Transfer the antipasto salad to a large platter.
- Top with the basil and capers. Drizzle the remaining dressing around the salad and serve.